At Advanced Electrolysis Melbourne (located just outside of Melbourne’s CBD), we’re dedicated to offering the best electrolysis treatment and aftercare in Melbourne to help you achieve your desired hair removal results.
On this page, we share a few quick recommendations to help you look after your skin post-treatment. Note that you’ll also be provided with clear and comprehensive hair removal aftercare instructions when you visit the clinic.
Following AEM’s personal aftercare instructions, after your electrolysis treatment, will help you continue with good hygiene practices at home to prevent infection. Please be patient, it’s vital that you don’t rush the skin’s healing process.
If you have any questions or concerns about your recovery following treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information and guidance.
Skincare after electrolysis permanent hair removal
Galvanic electrolysis is a safe and highly effective method of permanent hair removal. That said, the treatment does trigger the body’s natural healing response, and this can cause some minor and temporary skin reactions.
These temporary reactions include redness, swelling, and tiny scabbing formation on the treated area. They aren’t cause for alarm and are part of the body’s natural healing process.
Some clients may also experience bruising of the treated area, which is temporary and disappears quickly. Should bruising occur, you can use ‘Arnica’ products (which can be purchased from your chemist) to soothe the treated area and promote the skin’s healing response.
After each treatment, we recommend using the Melfol Calm Balm which has been specially formulated to assist the skin’s healing process after electrolysis. This product can be purchased at our clinic (that’s conveniently located near Melbourne CBD), and applied to the treated area twice daily, until the skin has fully healed.
Below is some general advice to help you achieve the best results from your electrolysis treatment. Please also refer to some common questions about skin care after electrolysis here.
Electrolysis Aftercare - What to do
- Follow the aftercare instructions provided to you at your treatment.
- Always ensure your hands are thoroughly washed or sanitised prior to touching the skin, cleansing your face or apply Melfol Calm Balm on the skin.
- Apply ice to the skin after treatment to reduce redness, swelling and irritation.
- Keep the treated area clean with a gentle cream cleanser. After rinsing it off, pat dry with clean towels or single-use tissues.
- Apply Melfol Calm Balm twice a day on the treated area while the skin is still recovering.
- Avoid sun exposure for 48 hours post-treatment. After this time, always apply sunscreen of SPF 30+ when heading outside and/or cover the treated area with clothing.
- Follow our What not to do list after your electrolysis treatment.
- If you have any concerns following your treatment, please contact our team at Advanced Electrolysis Melbourne immediately.
Electrolysis Aftercare - What not to do
- Do not apply any makeup, cream or lotion to the treated area for up to 48 hours following electrolysis treatment to avoid risk of infection.
- Avoid touching the treated skin without washing or sanitising your hands thoroughly.
- Avoid touching, picking, or scratching any tiny scabs which may form on the skin following treatment.
- Avoid rubbing the treated area, as well as wearing tight-fitting clothing, for 48 hours post-treatment.
- Do not use any abrasive products, tools and devices that aim to exfoliate, peel, renew or regenerate your skin.
- Do not use any cleansers containing strong cleansing agents such as soap, and cleansing devices.
- Do not use any facial or body oils while any scabs are still visible.
Read our answers to some of the most common questions about electrolysis aftercare here.
Book your free consultation with us
AEM is located in a handy spot, close to Melbourne CBD.
During the consultation, we’ll answer all of your questions about electrolysis and create a personalised treatment plan that includes an estimation of the number of sessions you’ll require and the cost. We’ll also discuss the electrolysis aftercare advice you’ll need to follow for best results.
Let us help you get rid of your unwanted hair, for good!